
She got to wear her costume to the carnival at my parents' church, and then again the next day to her highly-anticipated preschool party! They had so much fun playing silly Halloween games and doing the monster mash.

For Halloween we found her some sparkly shoes (which she has worn almost every day) and then I surprised her with some shimmery lip gloss and some glitter for her face - she was SO excited, as she adores all things glittery these days! As we were putting it on, she said, "Mom, can't I please have some of that stuff that you put on your eyelashes?" So I let her wear a little bit of mascara too, and she felt very grown up. :)

William was a great big adorable fluffy pumpkin, but he HATED his costume! I think maybe it was a little too fluffy. He wore his costume just long enough to take a couple of pictures and then he fell asleep while I took Millie trick-or-treating! :)

Speaking of trick-or-treating: it was a HUGE hit. :) This was the first year she did "real" trick-or-treating (going to a bunch of houses) and she had so much fun! After the first house, when she realized what it was all about, she was so excited she started skipping and jumping and said, "Mommy, this is SO FUN! I am ENJOYING MYSELF!!!!" At the end of the night, Grandpa offered to buy all the kids' candy, and amazingly, Millie agreed! (Thanks Grandpa!!!!) She informed us all that with her money, she is going to buy "yellow, sparkly, high-heeled princess shoes". Anybody know where I can find some? :)

After trick-or-treating, we all went back to my parents' house where Larry had some fun games planned for the kids: hide-and-'ghost'-seek, bobbing for apples (totally hilarious) and a witch's broom treasure hunt! They all had so much fun that I think next year we'll take the trick-or-treating down another notch and play more games. It was a blast!

I am SO behind in my William updates and I am sorry!!! I have a ton of pictures, a cute video, and lots to say, so I'll try to get that put up this week. :)

5 comments:
WOW! That was a homemade costume, I am completely amazed right now! She looked So beautiful! I also cant believe that she sold her candy! Sometimes kid to kid has some cute dress up shoes for cheap.
I love your pictures!! I'm surprised that William let you take a picture of him - he was a pretty unhappy pumpkin :)
Aunt Mindy must be very talented - her costume is adorable! I don't know much about yellow princess shoes but with the shopping season quickly approaching the stores are bound to have something along those lines available....for a price....
Such cute kids! Love the princess costume, and am totally amazed!
carrie, i LOVE when you post new things :) reading this makes me miss home and all of you there so much! tell millie that the picture of sleeping beauty is hanging on my wall!
Post a Comment