Monday, April 02, 2007

a yellow day

We had a very "yellow" day yesterday - it seemed like it was everywhere! Luckily, Millie's favorite color is, without a doubt, yellow. It was the first color she learned the name of, and she notices it all the time. Yellow cars, yellow buses, yellow flowers, yellow shirts. It's so cute how excited she gets when she sees it: "Mama! Wellow wowers!" My favorite thing is how much she loves finding dandelions in the grass: she calls them dandy-wowers. It just melts my heart every time she says that!



I decided that we're going to have a "yellow" theme for her birthday party (she's going to be TWO in a month and a half! how did that happen??). I think she'd love having a whole room full of yellow decorations, a yellow cake (maybe a bus), and of course, lots of yellow flowers for her to smell.



It's funny that yellow has become her favorite color since it has always been my favorite, too, ever since I was tiny! We have pictures just like this of me as a toddler - wearing a yellow dress, sitting in my favorite yellow chair. It's just so cheerful and sunny, which makes it entirely appropriate as Millie's favorite. She brings so much sunshine into our lives every single day!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dandy-wowers! That is quite possibly THE cutest thing I have EVER HEARD!!! I can't believe she's almost 2 already! Time certainly does fly. . .