Friday, July 24, 2009

Recap of the last month!

William is three months old now!! He is growing so fast; it's amazing. I never did report the stats from his two-month appointment! He was 11 lbs 2.5 oz (37th percentile) and was 22.44" tall (31st percentile). He's so teeny compared to Millie as a baby - she was always in the 90-something percentiles! He is probably the most social baby I have ever seen. He just ADORES being talked to and played with, and no matter what else there is to look at, he just wants to see what the people around him are doing. He's getting so smiley and has started laughing, which is SO much fun. He's really ticklish!



Millie is doing great as well! She loves her brother so much and wants to kiss and hug him constantly. He loves her too, and always gets a huge grin whenever he notices her. She's getting ready to start preschool in September, which we're pretty excited about. I think she's going to love it! She is already learning so much (of course) and knows most of her letters, the sounds they make, and how to write a lot of them - it makes her feel very proud of herself, I think!



A few weeks ago, we went to Pine Valley (the closest forest to us - about 45 minutes away, which is the farthest we've made it so far as William hates his car seat!) and it was SO nice to be in the trees and out of the killer heat. (It was 115 the other day. Yeah... WHY do we live in the desert again???) Before we left, Millie packed her backpack with the things she was sure she'd need on a hike: four books and a banana. She was so excited about it, and when we got down to the lake, she spent several minutes scouting out the perfect rock or tree stump on which to sit and eat her banana. It was so cute.

Here are a bunch of pictures from our lovely day!



















3 comments:

natalie johansen said...

Little Will is growing up so fast (cue Pirates music). And Millie is, as always, so lovely! I have such cute nephews and such a cute niece! :)

Kristin said...

Wow, Parlee is going to pass William up very soon and she's only 3 weeks old. It's nice having a little teeny baby, all my babies except Parlee have been little babies.

Lib-Dawg said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Your two little ones are just so cute!!! (I found you through Natalie...I'll be checking in!)