
We've had a few days in the 80s - warm enough for the water park, much to Millie's delight! She LOVES water and is happy to splash and play for hours and hours when we go. I'm sure she'd stay all day if she could.

We've also had some chilly, rainy days, and even a crazy windstorm with 65+ mph winds that blew Millie's playhouse clear across the yard! No matter the weather (well, except for the 'hurricane' days!) Millie wants to be outside in her favorite spot -- the dirt! Almost every single time we go outside, she ends up sitting in a big pile of dirt or sand or mud, surrounded by shovels and dump trucks and sticks and rocks. As you can see, she also spends a good portion of every day in her dress-ups. She puts together some crazy costumes, too - a princess-knight, a dinosaur-fairy, a firefighter-witch -- she has quite an imagination. I love it!

It was so exciting to see our apricot tree blossom this year. We love apricots and are so excited to have our very own tree in the back yard! It was lovely to look out the window every morning and watch the blossoms appear. Now they are gone, and the tree already has all its leaves!


We had a lovely Easter, too! We spent the day at my parents' house with my family, playing lawn games, having a BBQ, and of course having an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. Millie really got into it this year, and kept searching the yard even after all the eggs had been found, just in case there might be one more. The holidays are SO much fun with Millie! I love watching her get so excited about everything and I love experiencing the magic all over again with her.
The second picture is the response I generally get when I say "smile"! She adores making silly faces and being crazy for the camera. :)

Of course, we have also been waiting for spring as patiently as we can to meet our new baby! I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and still no signs of imminent labor - but Millie was born pretty close to her due date, so I'm guessing this little guy will be too. It really has been a wonderful pregnancy: I've felt happy and healthy, and it's been so fun for Larry and I to share the experience with Millie. But we are all very ready to meet our sweet boy! We will keep you all updated and let you know when he is born.
We hope everyone's spring has been as great so far as ours! :)

4 comments:
I was just thinking about you guys and wondering if baby boy was here yet! Love the pictures of Millie. Miss you guys! XOXO
Millie is so grown up! And so tall! We miss you guys and can't wait for the little one to make his appearance.:)
I LOVE your shadow belly picture! I hope you are feeling okay... hanging in there. The last few weeks are always sooooo awful (the anticipation and the major back pains :)
Carrie, those are AWESOME pictures... especially the shadow belly! Millie is getting more and more beautiful every day - she is going to be such a great big sister!
We love you guys and miss you all so much! xoxo
Post a Comment