A few nights before school started, we went to see The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn (which was fabulous, by the way), and both Millie and William were completely entranced. They loved it! Millie especially loved meeting Ariel afterward. William wouldn't get into the picture without me, so just excuse my camera-flash face. :)


Ursula sings this song in the play called "Good Times Back" and the night before the start of first grade, Millie was singing it all night long. As the evening wore on and she got more and more nervous about starting all-day school the next day, she started changing the words like so:
"I want those good times back, those little good times back, when I didn't have to go to school... I want those good times back, those little good times back, when Mommy didn't have to go to work... I want those good times back, those little good times back, when we got to stay home all the time..."
It was so sweet and a little bit sad -- but mostly, the effect of the tune with the words she was singing was absolutely hilarious, and I had to work really hard to keep from laughing too much! (Do click on the link so you can see what I mean. I so wish I would have gotten a video of her singing it!)
But the next morning, in front of the school, my wonderful, brave girl hugged me, let go of my hand, steadied herself with a deep breath, and walked into the classroom. And at the end of the day, she came running out with a giant smile, saying, "Mommy! I made a new friend!!!"

I think you are amazing, Millie!

You are growing into such a beautiful girl, both inside and out.

We are so proud of you!

4 comments:
SO beautiful. i miss you all so much! i feel like this post is kind of a continuation of millie-isms from a few years ago. i love it! :)
I my gosh, Im so excited to see you posting again!!!! You have the cutest kids ever, I just love them and miss hanging out with you and the kids! W really need to get together. Im jealous you saw The Little Mermaid, we waited to long and then found out the rest of the season was sold out!
Oh Carrie, so excited to see the kiddos!! I can't believe how big our girls are now - they are both so beautiful!!
We miss you guys still so much - I am glad you all look happy and healthy!
xo
Jessi - I really should start the Millie-isms again... with Millie AND William. There are some funny ones now. :)
Kristin - I would love to get together! Just call me!
Lauren - I so wish that Millie and Margot knew each other; I bet they'd be friends. We miss you guys too!!
Post a Comment