
Your confidence astounds me. For such a little person you have such a gigantic will, and the best part is that you have no doubts in your ability to do whatever it is you desire. On top of this confidence, you are so brave and you have an incredible sense of adventure. Climb to the top of the rocks with the 8-year-old boys? Sure! Ride your scooter down the hill? No problem! I can't wait to see where all this independence and adventure takes you in your life.

I think your top favorite thing to do right now is play outside. You really are at your happiest out of doors: you absolutely LOVE to get dirty, to squish your toes in the mud, to dig holes in the dirt, to get soaking wet in whatever water is nearby. I love to watch how thoughtful you get in nature, too: watching bugs, floating sticks down the stream, spotting shapes in the clouds, and bringing your mama treasures. It melts my heart to get handfuls of rocks and dandelions from you, it really does. You're also very observant when we're outside. A few months ago, we were walking our usual route in the morning, and we were talking about how the birds were starting to come back after the winter. As we passed a particular block where we always see lots of birds, you spotted our favorite: "Mommy, LOOK! A red-winged blackbird! He came back, too!"

You've always loved to read, and we're actually in the middle of reading our third chapter book together! In the last few months, you've also started to show lots of interest in the letters. You've even learned (mostly) how to write your name! It may still be backwards, and it may sometimes be missing the E, but I think it's the neatest thing ever and it makes me so very proud. Now that you know how to write most of the letters of your name, you write them everywhere - you'll even write 'stories', using the letters M, I and L over and over to tell about a little girl who went to the park, or a dog who loved to chew on his bone.

You are growing up so fast. It really doesn't seem that long ago that you were so tiny and helpless and always in my arms; now you're dancing and jumping and running headfirst into every moment of your gorgeous life, and I couldn't be happier. You are my heart, Millie and I love you so much.

Happy third birthday, my big girl!

2 comments:
That is so sweet! I can't wait until I can share such precious moments with Elise. Beautiful pictures!
Speaking of three, how big is lil' Millie these days? She looks soooo tall in these pictures!
We miss you guys so much - any more thoughts about moving back to Oregon?
Post a Comment