Friday, October 05, 2007

more millie-isms... :)

I hope you don't all get tired of me posting cute things that Millie says, but I am just SO entertained and awed by her language right now and I want to share some of our recent favorites.

Today my mom was swinging Millie and it was really windy outside. Millie closed her eyes while she was swinging, and when my mom asked her if she was sleeping Millie said, "No, I'm just feeling the wind on my eyelids."

Lately she's been calling her bunny slippers "bunny hoppers"... :)

And this sentence just amazed me. I knew what she wanted to say, but I wasn't sure if she would be able to get the whole thought out all at once. She called her cousin Ashton on the phone and said, "Hi Ashton! Do you want to go to the library with me to get some new books on Monday?"

Talking about a friend who was turning five, Millie said, "Mom! He'll be five minutes old on his birthday!"

Here's my mom's favorite: We were in Grun, where my sister works, and Millie saw the Ugly Dolls. She immediately reached for one and then stopped herself, put her hands up and said, "Grandma, are my hands clean?"

Her understanding of language and her grasp of concepts just blows me away. Hearing such big words and sentences come out of this tiny little person is so incredible, and it has us laughing constantly - it's just so cute!

On a completely unrelated note, I just have to tell all of you working moms that I am totally in awe of you! I've been working part- to three-quarter-time at my dad's office (filling in for someone on medical leave) for a little over a month now and it is SO incredibly difficult! I honestly didn't think it would be a huge deal, but it's been so hard in so many ways. It feels like I'm juggling a million different balls and not really catching any of them... so anyway, I'm impressed with you mamas who do this on a regular basis and keep your sanity. I'm only working for another week (this time) but if you have any secrets or tips, please do share... :)

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

That is so adorable! I know what you mean about being amazed at all the things your child does. I am amazed when Elise is just cooing and holding her head up so I can't imagine how I'll be when she is actually talking and becoming her own little person ~ what adventures!

But I don't think you are alone on thinking how cute Millie is ~ she is so adorable and she does say and do the funniest/cutest things; such as the "we have the same bottom" incident :)

Lauren said...

Bunny Hoppers! I love it!

I am still amazed at how advanced Millie's language skills are! I am so looking forward to the day when Margot and I can have a conversation about all of the crazy things rolling around in her mind. Their literal interpretation of things just cracks me up... 5 minutes old? It is so fun to watch them learn!

As for the working Mama thing, I am afraid I don't have much advice:( It still breaks my heart every day to leave, and I have too much laundry piled in our bedroom, and sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind! But the second I get home and Margot comes running out of the door to see me, yelling "MOMMY! I wuv you!" it all melts away and doesn't seem to matter anymore.

I miss you guys!