Today, we went to the annual air show at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas with my Dad, Hailey, Mindy and Josh, and Millie had such a great time! She loves airplanes, and so she enjoyed watching them fly for awhile, and when she got bored with staring at the sky, she ran back and forth in front of us and danced to the music and made all kinds of new friends, and then took a two-hour nap in my lap! I was a little worried about taking her, considering the noise and the cold, windy day, but she loved it.
Can you guess what her very favorite thing was? Let me give you a hint: it wasn't the thousands of people, it wasn't the stunt helicopter, and it wasn't even the Thunderbirds (who are SO amazing to watch). Nope, it wasn't any of the things we found fascinating. It was the BUS. The regular "Coach USA" bus that took us from the parking lots to the Air Force Base. She was so enthralled that she was giddy! A full half hour before we left she started asking about the bus, and I told her we'd ride on it again as soon as the airplanes were done flying (the Thunderbirds had just started to perform). So after every single airplane pass, she'd ask again: "Bus! Bus??" She hasn't stopped talking about it since, and she even insisted on taking her little toy bus with her in the bath and to bed. So adorable!
I forget sometimes that she's experiencing everything in this world for the first time, and I love the fact that it's often the ordinary, mundane things - the ones I've long since forgotten to notice - that are magical and exciting to her. It makes them seem a little more exciting to me, too, and I start finding magic in places I'd never think to look. I adore seeing the world through Millie's eyes!
Random Christmas picture
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment