Wednesday, August 30, 2006

words at 15 months

Millie is a very verbal child. She talks all the time, and is getting very good at communicating her needs to us. It simply amazes me, and it's SO cute to hear her little tiny voice using real words! Of course she also chatters a lot in her own made-up language, which is adorable too. I compiled a list today of the words she says (she's 15 months) and even though I knew she said a lot, I was surprised at how long the list is! She says:

Millie
mama, mommy
dada, daddy
grandma, grandpa (ma-mah, ma-pah), and the names of all her aunts and her cousin
bread
juice
shoes
pillow
hi
bye-bye
kitty
doggy
ducky
baby
outside
bath
yes, no, and yeah
cheese (teeezzzzzzz!)
night-night
noodles (doodleyoh)
cheerios (dee-oz)
more
book
peas
owie (wowie)
uh-oh
eyes
nose
hair
yay
hot
moon
ice
boo!
I see you (I zeeeeee)
again (aninn)
belly
milk (miii - and she also does the ASL sign for milk when she wants to nurse)
animal sounds: meow, moo, ruff-ruff, growl, hee-haw

I know I'm a little biased, but gosh - I'm just so impressed! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carrie where are the words that kids are not supposed to say that they allways do at the worst possible time??? Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Carrie where are the words she is NOT supposed to say?? You know the ones that her uncles teach her that you dont know about??